Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Gonna Live Where the Green Grass Grows...

Monday, January 12, 2009
Come on... humor me please and CLICK IT and dance and sing with me in my raw kitchen for a minute ... in preparation for this entry.

It's good for the soul to get your blood flowing that way. (It also makes your kids laugh and call you crazy and makes your dog just plain FREAK OUT.. but hey, that's good for the soul too...)

Let loose now, don't hold back... Let your inner superstar out and ROCK IT. Dance with your kids, dance with your spouse, dance with your dog, dance with whoever or whatever you can find - JUST DANCE!!! ... and have an air guitar challenge... I'll wait.


Wasn't that FUN!!!! :)

I'm often told I don't let any grass grow under my feet... and here's more proof. I've got higher expectations... or at least counter height.

My husband is thankfully pretty tolerant of my raw ways... he's slightly intrigued, slightly amused and yes, sometimes slightly concerned at some of the stuff I try and suggest but hey ... MUNDANE doesn't live here.

I just might be pushing my limits with this one.

He's been gone for a couple days doing an extradition. He was stuck in the Denver airport all day yesterday with his partner and a prisoner after a paperwork mishap made them miss their morning flight home from Phoenix. He had 4 hours of sleep.

This might not be the best time for me to have sprung my new Chia Pet on him but timing has never been a virtue of mine in many areas!

This morning in our 'must get coffee fog' he saw my newest expenditure from the fruit of our labors. He did a bleary eyed double take and said... "WHAT'S THAT?"

Sometimes you just have to say it with a song.. so I broke out in my best Tim McGraw to bring him up to speed. (on that link you can sing it with Tim...I just felt like dancing again...)

THIS is what my husband saw standing between him and his citrus...













Just in case you have the same question he did , that being "WHY?" Here's some healthy gems, er.. stems to chew on:

"Sprouted wheat that grows into wheatgrass about 8 inches long is a very potent source of concentrated nutrition. The solid content of wheatgrass jusice is 70% chlorophyll. It also contains active enzymes; is high in natural sources of Vitamins A & C; is exceptionally rich in B Vitamins; is an excellent source of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, sulphur, cobalt, and zinc; and is high in protein. According to Dr. Ann Wigmore, 15 pounds of fresh wheatgrass is nutritionally equivalent to 350 pounds of the choicest vegetables. Wheatgrass itself is not digestible in our stomachs because it is too full of cellulose and other indigestible fibers. When juiced and strained, however, all the nutrients are freed up and become readily accessible by the body. Wheatgrass juice is also a very powerful body detoxifier. It's high chlorophyll content cleanses the liver, tissues and cells and purifies the blood. When consumed Wheatgrass Juice has been documented to have the following health benefits: Aids in prevention and curing of cancer, Improves digestion, Improves blood sugar disorders, and helps prevent tooth decay. For more information visit http://www.handypantry.com/.


Like many healthy raw choices, this is going to take time... what is on my counter right now looks NOTHING like the box... so I am inviting you all to witness my CPE (Chia Pet Experiment) as it unfolds.

Here is what Step One looks like... this takes 8 - 12 hours in this stage. That's Organic Red Winter Wheat soaking in distilled water with some Kelp Help Liquid Concentrate which contains 102 trace minerals and greatly increases germination rate.













So... while I learn to SLOW DOWN... and as Tim says it," focus on planting my seeds where the peaceful river flows"... which in my translation is under the SON, not just the sun, maybe some of the bars on MY heart will break free as well.

Where are you planting your grass?

1 comment:

  1. Love the name, love the blog format, but you lost me at the raw food thing = but I do LOVE the song! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Pocket
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com Blogger Templates